There are many ways to support HAS in our mission to connect, enrich and inspire our community through education and cultivation of the three public gardens in Monument Valley Park. Contributions can be given online using the donation button below, or on-site in the gardens using the green posts located at the garden entrances.
A simple cash donation of any size is always welcome and there are other ways as well. In-kind donations of garden tools, materials, supplies, and more are welcomed–please contact us at email@example.com.
GIFT TO MEMORIALIZE A LOVED ONE
Your gift to HAS can be made in memory of a loved one. When you donate, you can designate specific uses such as trees, shrubs, bench or art work, or as general support for the HAS gardens.
More ways to give
You can fund the ongoing programs of the Horticultural Art Society through planned giving that can provide tax benefits for you and funding for HAS.
BEQUEST FROM YOUR ESTATE
You designate HAS as the beneficiary of your assets by will, trust or beneficiary designation. This is one of the easiest and most flexible ways that you can leave a gift to HAS that will make a lasting impact.
How a bequest works: With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made as a percentage of your estate, a specific dollar amount, or as a gift from the balance or residue of your estate.Some of the ways to leave a bequest to HAS:
- Include a bequest to HAS in your will or revocable trust
- Designate HAS as a full, partial or contingent beneficiary of your retirement account (IRA, 401(d), 403(b) or pension)
- Name HAS as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
You can make an IRA Rollover gift to HAS as a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70 ½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to HAS to help us continue our work.
- IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
BENEFICIARY DESIGNATION GIFTS
As a way to support the causes that you care about, you can make a beneficiary designation gift. You can continue to use your account as long as you need to. The designated gift will simplify your planning and avoid expensive legal fees, reduce the burden to taxes on your family, and you receive an estate tax charitable deduction.
How a beneficiary designation gift works:
- Contact the person who helps you with your account or insurance policy, such as your broker, banker or insurance agent.
- Ask them to send you a new beneficiary designation form.
- Complete the form, sign it and mail it back to your broker, banker, or agent.
- When you pass away, your account or insurance policy will be paid or transferred to HAS, consistent with your wishes.
If you have already designated us as a beneficiary of an asset or as part of your estate plan, please let us know. We would like to recognize you and your family for your gift.
If you need more information about HAS, please let us know. We have a 501c(3) designation from the IRS. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a phone message at (719) 357-9427.