Member and Volunteer Appreciation
Picnic and Plant Swap – August 17, 2019 – 4pm -6pm
- This really fun event allows us to thank our Plant Sale volunteers, eat some great food, and swap some plants! We will have some plants from the garden, some more allium caeruleum bulbs available for a donation, and we will trade plants with each other. Got some plants getting out of bounds in your garden? Pot them up now and label them for a chance to swap with other gardeners. Any garden-related item is welcome!
- HAS will supply the food, drink, and dessert. Mark your calendar!
Fall Bulb Sale & Van Briggle Festival – September 13 & 14, 2019
- Are you falling in love with alliums? They make a beautiful addition to your spring and early summer garden along with cheerful daffodils. Both come in a range of colors, shapes and sizes and are deer-resistant. If you don’t have deer problems, add tulips for the first bright burst of color after an often drab winter. Plant them in the fall for a delightful springtime display.
- HAS will be selling alliums, daffodils and tulips again in September. For HAS members, we will have bulbs for sale at the HAS cottage (224 Mesa Road) on Friday, September 13 from 11am to 2pm. Then on Saturday, September 14, we will have bulbs for sale in the Heritage Garden (1117 Glen Ave) next to the Van Briggle Pottery Festival from 9am to 3pm. Come early for the best selection!
- All bulbs come direct from the U.S. importer and are of the highest quality. The allium selections include Ambassador, Azureum, Christophii, Giganteum, Gladiator, Globemaster, and Nectaroscordum. Daffodils will include Bantam, Geranium, Goblet and Poeticus Recurvus. Tulips include Armani, Estella Rijnveld and Foxy Foxtrot.